This greenway runs from the Canal du Midi (near Bram) to the Ariège (Mirepoix and Montségur castle) and joins the Cathar Pyrenees greenway or chemin des filatiers at Moulin neuf.
More than 70 structures punctuate the route (tunnels, bridges, viaducts, …). Hotels, campsites, bed & breakfasts, gîtes and other accommodations for green holidays and cycle tourism dot the route. Nearly 25 villages line the route. You’ll find restaurants, grocery stores, water points and services adapted to electric bikes.
It’s symbolic to pass from the towpaths of the Canal du Midi to the foothills of the Pyrenees. A beautiful history lesson and a diversity of landscapes are at the rendezvous.
80 km of cycling itinerary:
- Bram < > Belvèze: 20 km
- Belvèze < > Chalabre: 30 km
- Chalabre < > Lavelanet: 17 Km
- Lavelanet < > Montségur: 13 km (steep climb)
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Surfacing: Compacted sand
- Track width: 3 metres
- Road crossings: safe
- Recommended bike: Mountain bike / VTC / VAE / Gravel
- Handbike: rideable
- Child trailer: rideable